Grounding, or Earthing, is a powerful and simple practice anyone can practice anywhere. You probably already know intuitively how to ground and some of you may already have a practice.
I’m sharing my simple practice here as an opportunity to add some intention through your toes and weave some ease as you breathe into connecting with the Earth. First, let’s take a moment to review the image below, a summary of findings to date on the efficacy of Grounding from a peer-reviewed abstract in the Journal of Environmental and Public Health.
Please do not under estimate the power of this simple practice in releasing energy not supporting your highest good, connecting to the current of nature and attuning to your innate wisdom. A daily 30 second practice of Grounding can go a long way. See if you can build up to several times a day or perhaps lengthen the duration of your practice to 3 minutes daily.
Here are the simple steps:
- Remove your shoes, if possible, allowing the soles of your feet touch the Earth. Notice if an intention, vision, wish arises as you allow yourself to be held by Mother Earth. Feel your connection as her child.
- Seated or standing, bring your feet hip width apart and wiggle your toes settling into the four corners of your feet. Continue to wiggle your toes if you feel any tension in your feet.
- Ignite the current of your sensory perception. What do you feel, hear, see, smell, taste and intuit while you have your feet on Mother Earth? Does the ground feel cold, warm, hard, soft?
- Imagine, see or sense roots growing from the soles of your feet into the womb of Mother Earth. Imagine connecting your womb, through a grounding cord from your naval, to the womb or center of Mother Earth.
- Feel, see or sense Father Sun shining down on your beautiful body. Notice yourself centering around yourself in the union of Mother Earth and Father Sun.
- Exhale through rounding lips, imagining and sensing the compost of the moment releasing completing through the roots at your feet and grounding cord at your womb, literally feeding Mother Nature any tension in your brain, constriction in your body, anxiety, stress, depression or anything not in your highest vibration. Exhale and release the currents through the soles of your feet and your womb. See this energy moving out of you and into the womb of Mother Earth. Feel any gratitude that arises as you release into Mother Earth.
- Inhale through your nose, bringing the loving compassionate fresh prana life-force filled energy of Mother Earth up the roots at the soles of your feet and into your womb, completely filling your body, every cell and all your energy centers, and fountaining out the top of your head. Notice how grateful you feel when being connecting in this way with Mother Earth. What specifically are you grateful for in this moment?
- Exhaling see this energy of compassion, ease and gratitude fountaining out the top of your head and showering down upon you and all around you as you release again through your feet and womb back into Mother Earth. Receive your blessings and REPEAT these steps for 30 seconds – 3 minutes or more at least 1x per day. Notice any sensations that arise. How might you remember this feeling of connection, compassion and clarity throughout your day?
Enjoy and let me know how it goes. I would LOVE to hear from you.
Love + Radiant Health to You!
P.S Here is an image of an Abstract with more of the beneficial findings of grounding, for those interested.