Yoga, Ecstatic Chant & Meditation Retreat
Embodying the Elements with Scott & Shanti Medina
along with special guest, Ky Gabriel
Mar de Jade Wellness Center in Chacala, Mexico
April 7-14, 2018
This retreat is sold out. Join us next year March 30-April 6, 2019! More details released soon!
Join Shanti and Scott Medina, along with special guest Ky Gabriel of Peacock Arts, where the jungle meets the sea for an energizing and relaxing weeklong retreat cultivating mindfulness, restoring well-being and embodying the elements of beautiful Chacala, Mexico.
Experience awakening the senses as we journey through and align with the elements of Earth, Water, Fire Air Ether and Light with daily practices to ignite the innate wisdom. Shanti and Scott create a sacred and simple container for you to enjoy your Mexico vacation while optimizing your wellbeing. With a daily schedule designed to inspire and delight, all levels of practice and experience are welcome.
Enjoy a week-long soulful excursion into the elements through daily live music movement, mantra and meditation practices with plenty of spacious time to bask on the beach, swim in the clear ocean water, experience a local excursion or indulge in a wellness spa treatment.
Nourish your body with 3 daily gourmet buffet-style meals (suiting all dietary needs and preferences) and healthy snacks prepared with ingredients from the Mar de Jade Organic Farm.
Bask in daily sunset practices with fire circles on the beach.
Registration includes a free SoMAntra® 160-minute Double-CD download of ecstatic chants and embodied meditations to ignite the innate wisdom and attune to the elements in preparation for your journey.
Experience 7 nights relaxing into the elements of Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Ether and Light where the jungle meets the sea.
Bask in spacious afternoon time to journal, enjoy the magnificent secluded beach, lounge in a hammock, swim in the clear ocean waters, create your own gem stone mala, share in a spa treatment or partake in a local excursion.
Nourish your body with 3 daily nutritious and delicious buffet-style nutritious and delicious, buffet-style meals prepared with ingredients from the Mar de Jade 17-acre organic farm. All dietary preferences are welcomed and supported during the retreat.
End each day watching stunning sunsets over the water as you share in the breezy open-air dining terrace overlooking Chacala Bay.
This retreat is open to all level of practitioners and experiences.
Learn More about Mar De Jade:
If you are arriving before 4/7/18 to the area and/or want to arrange your own taxi to the retreat center or you are arriving later than 3pm, you can make them on your own by emailing email@example.com.
- Inspiring yoga and sacred sound meditation sessions daily for all levels of practice to align with the elements of earth, water, fire, air and space.
- Neurosculpting® brain training meditations, for all levels of experience daily.
- Ecstatic chanting from interfaith traditions around the globe and Dances of Universal Peace on the beach
- Embodied sunset live music sessions daily
- Body Current ® principles and practices of embodied self-realization
- Fire Circle on the beach
- Free SoMAntra® 160-minute Double-CD download of ecstatic chants and embodied meditations to ignite the innate wisdom and attune to the elements in preparation for your journey.
- Explore deepening into energizing wellness practices of embodied self-realization
- Daily live music, yoga, chanting and meditation for all levels
- Enjoy solo time basking on the beach and swimming in the clear ocean water
- Experience awakening the senses and calming the mind in beautiful Chacala, Mexico
- Arrival: Saturday, April 7, 2018 by 3pm to Puerto Vallarta airport
- Enjoy checking into your room, spending some spacious time on the beach or taking a swim before dinner
- 6:30pm-7:30pm Gourmet Dinner
- 7:30pm Opening Circle with Scott and Shanti after dinner
- Daily Schedule: Sunday-Friday (subject to change)
- 7:30-8:30am Early Morning Session
- Yoga, meditation, hike or walk on the beach
- 8:30-9:30am Gourmet Breakfast
- 10:00-1:00pm Mid-Morning session
- Body Current somatic practices, Neurosculpting brain training meditations, SoMAntra ecstatic chanting and rituals through the elements.
- 1:30-2:30 Gourmet Lunch
- 2:30-4:30pm Spacious Solo Time
- Relax on the beach, swim, journalbetc.
- Retreat Enhancement Options: Mala Making, Spa, Excursions (see below)
- 5:30-6:30pm Sunset Session
- Fire circle, Dances of Universal Peace, and/or chanting on the beach
- 6:30-7:30pm Gourmet Dinner
- 8:00-9:00pm Evening Session
- Restorative yoga, relaxing meditation and/or soothing mantra
- 7:30-8:30am Early Morning Session
Closing Circle: Friday, April 13, 2018 after dinner
Departure: Saturday, April 14, 2018 after breakfast
Retreat Enhancement Opportunities:
- Mala making on the beach with Ky Gabriel of Peacock Arts (see more information below and we highly recommend you enjoy this opportunity)
- Local excursions: Snorkeling • Fishing • Hike through tropical jungle mountainside to nearby beach and boat trip back. • Visit to ancient Petroglyph site • Visit to local Arts & Crafts market • Horseback riding• Surfing
- *Excursions are operated by local co-ops and and their availability as well as rates are subject to change without prior notice. Please be prepared to pay the tour operators directly IN CASH. Most excursions range between $25- $30 per person
- Mar De Jade Massage and Spa Treatments: Spa and massage treatments at Mar de Jade
- Private session/personal transformation ritual with Shanti and/or Scott. Contact us to inquire about designing your personal session.
Available Services for Retreat Participants:
- Personalized meals for dietary restrictions (all meals have gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options)
- WiFi internet (Free in dining room area)
- Child Care service
- Laundry Service
- Medical Support in emergencies
- Transportation Service
Week-long Retreat Investment:
- Includes the full weeklong schedule of yoga, chanting, dancing, circles, sessions and ceremonies with Shanti and Scott.
- Investment: $550
Mar De Jade Retreat Lodging Room & Board Includes:
- 7-night ocean-front accommodations
- 3 gourmet meals per day and snacks freshly prepared daily for all dietary needs
- Lodging taxes (18% fee included in the prices listed)
- Gratuities (all housekeeping and meal gratuities included in the prices listed)
- Beach front amenities
- Use of salt water swimming pool & 2 jacuzzis
- Dining Room & Guest Lounge
Lodging Options and Prices:
- Ideal for the budget conscious traveler that would like to share with 3 or 4 other people (4-5 total). They have garden views and an upper level accessed by a spiral staircase.
Guest Rooms: Investment: $1,150 double/ $1,650 single
- Simple yet comfortable rooms for one or two people, with garden or jungle views.
- View of our lush tropical gardens and a terrace or outside sitting area. They are all on ground floor, some have a few steps and some have ramp access. All have bathtubs, some also have a separate shower and a futon.
Ocean Rooms Investment: $1,450 double/ $2,200 single
- Unobstructed ocean view and a balcony or terrace. Almost all have bathtubs, some have a separate shower. Some have futons and a separate sleeping space (appropriate for children). Most are on third and fourth floors and require steps to climb.
Ready to join Scott and Shanti where the jungle meets the sea for an energizing weeklong retreat cultivating mindfulness, restoring well-being and embodying the elements?
3 Steps to Register for Your Journey:
- Submit your Retreat Registration of $550 to secure your space. Upon receipt, you will receive a welcome email including the code for your FREE SoMAntra® double-CD to prepare you for the retreat.
- Pay by Paypal or any major credit card at this link: 2018 Mexico Retreat with Scott and Shanti
- Send check made out to SoMAntra to 765 Gilpin Dr. Boulder, CO 80303. Include your name and email address
- Remaining balance is due by the due date listed at the various discounted prices. All payments must be completed no later March 1, 2018.
- Complete Retreat Registration Form at this link: 2018 Mexico Retreat Registration Form
- Complete Mar De Jade Lodging Reservation and submit 50% Room & Board Payment by either
- Completing the Mar de Jade Booking Request Form Note: The online booking system will only reserve complete rooms. If more than two people are booking together and wish to split the deposit on multiple credit cards, please let them know to call us directly. We are not able to guarantee shared rates if roommates do not book together.
- Call 1-800-257-0532 or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Information about Scott & Shanti
Scott and Shanti Medina, CNSF CYT are a dynamic husband-and-wife duo from Boulder, CO on a mission to uplift humanity by empowering self-realization. Shanti is a certified Neurosculpting Facilitator, Yoga Therapist and Founder of Energize training systems and Body Current therapeutics. She is honored to be on faculty at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health and the Neurosculpting Institute. Scott began chanting over 25 years ago at Omega Institute and has led chanting events for over 16 years. Their very popular sacred sound workshops, ecstatic community chants, and inspiring retreats offer a sweet and deep dive into the vibration where the soma, or body, and mantra are One. They recently released their double-CD project SoMAntra™. The CD is a collection of original chants from wisdom-traditions around the globe along with embodied yoga therapy practices to self-regulate the nervous system and ignite the innate wisdom. Find out more at www.ScottandShanti.com
More Information about Mala making with Ky Gabriel of Peacock Arts
As an enhancement to your retreat experience, we highly recommend creating your very own sacred 108 gemstone Mala to be used as a sensory perception meditation.
Ky is offering custom designed Mala kits representing the elements we will be embodying during the week. She will offer a short explanation of this powerful practice, a guided meditation for you to set your intention, and a demonstration of how to create your beautiful 108 bead mala. You will come away with a very powerful tool to enhance your spiritual journey! You choose your stones and colors! Visit Peacock Arts to see all the options she offers in her regular workshops. Ky also has an extensive catalog available via email upon request and will be offering some exclusive Element Designs for this retreat only: Peacock Arts
Investment: $72 includes all materials and instruction (price includes standard stones).
FOR THIS RETREAT ONLY Custom Elements Kits will have an upcharge varying depending on design.
To Order: Email Ky Gabriel at KyPeacockArts@gmail.com or call 720-251-9756
The Story of Mar de Jade:
Shuttle from Airport to Mar De Jade:
Join us in giving back to one of Mar de Jade’s Sustainable Service Projects:
Retreat registration is fully transferable to whomever you find as a replacement. A new registration form must be completed for the new registrant and they must secure their own (or transfer) lodging with Mar de Jade. The $200 retreat deposit is non-refundable. Please check the Mar de Jade website for their lodging cancellation policy.