We have all heard by now how powerful the energy field is around the human heart and probably have also read some science about the electric currents flowing in our hearts. But what about reading our own hearts? This simple and sacred 5- minute practice is my go-to these days in staying grounded in the moment while being connected to the current of my body wisdom.
This practice is also often the first step I guide my clients through to tether to their own heart as we begin their personal Spirit Divination Reading.
Position: You can enjoy this practice standing with your bare feet on the Earth, while laying down or comfortably seated.
Practice: Give yourself a minimum of 5-minutes to enjoy the power and simplicity of this intimate Reading Your Own Heart. Remember there is nobody else on our planet who can share in this type of communing with your heart. This 5-minute reading is between you and your very own heart.
- Place your hands on your heart. Listen for and feel your very own heartbeat. You may wish to tap or rub your heart to settle into this practice.
- Place your full attention on your heart. Notice sensations, emotions, tensions and even memories arising through the moment. If you notice your mind wander, simply bring your full awareness back to your heart underneath your hands.
- Direct slow smooth inhales through your nose to your heart sensing the warmth of your full attention on your very own heart as you receive each breath. Exhale slowly out rounded lips allowing your full attention to remain on your heart.
- As you continue focusing your full attention on your heart, notice any sensations, feelings, memories or emotions arising in your awareness, as you direct each breath to nourish your heart. Simply be witness to reading the stream of intelligence flowing through your heart . Allow the current of information to move through you rather than following a story and feeling as if something has happened to you. Accept, without judging or commenting, the current of information and sensation flowing through your heart. Be open to whatever your heart is sharing with you as you focus your full attention on and fill your awareness with the stream of sensory intelligence from your heart. You may notice tears coming or joy arising or even anger moving through your heart. All is welcome. Be open to just reading, witnessing, deeply listening and fully allowing the currents to move through you.
- When you feel open and clearly connected with your heart, you can continue the practice by asking a clear question for divination. For some examples: “How can I live in my power more fully?” or “What lesson am I needing to understand to let go of the pain of my past?” or “Where in my life do I need to focus my energy?” or perhaps “How can I forgive the past to live fully in peace now?”
- Listen to and read all that arises in answer to your inquiry. Continue placing your full attention and breath on your heart as you read the sensory information streaming through while noticing any sacred symbols or messages coming to you.
- Complete your practice by humming down into your heart a tone of deep gratitude for what was shared with you. You may wish to journal about your heart reading for reflection and insights.
I hope you enjoyed this deeply personal practice between you and your heart. I would love to hear any experiences or insights, if you wish to share at Shanti@EnergizeShanti.com
P.S. If you would like to deepen your experience of practices like these and work alongside my Spirit Guides, consider a private reading with me. Learn more about a Spirit Divination Reading here.