Join Shanti and Scott Medina, along with special guest Gayan Gregory Long, for 7-nights March 30-April 6, 2019 where the jungle meets the sea at Mar de Jade retreat and wellness center for an energizing and relaxing weeklong ocean-side retreat cultivating mindfulness, restoring well-being and embodying the elements of beautiful Chacala, Mexico.
This was the most perfect retreat. The perfect balance of yoga, chanting, reflection, free time, play, food, new friends and fun in the sun. I will definitely be back next year. – Larry, 2018 participant
Experience awakening the senses on Chacala Beach as we journey through and align with the elements of Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Space and Light with daily practices to ignite the innate wisdom.
Shanti and Scott create a sacred and simple container for you to enjoy your Mexico vacation while optimizing your wellbeing. With a daily schedule designed to inspire and delight, all levels of practice and experience are welcome.
My experience was transformational, inspiring and a complete reset for my nervous system. Mar de Jade is a magical place that lends itself to the energetic work we did during our sessions everyday, and Scott and Shanti did a beautiful job of holding a loving container. I recommend this experience and retreat from the bottom of my heart – it’s truly an incredible week. – Dottie, 2018 participant
Enjoy a week-long soulful excursion into the elements through daily yoga with live music, dance/movement, mantra and meditation practices with plenty of spacious time to bask on the beach, swim in the clear ocean water, experience a local excursion or indulge in a wellness spa treatment.
Nourish your body with 3 daily gourmet buffet-style meals (suiting all dietary needs and preferences) and healthy snacks prepared with ingredients from the Mar de Jade Organic Farm. End each day watching stunning sunsets over the water as you share in the breezy open-air dining terrace overlooking Chacala Bay.
Bask in spacious afternoon time to journal, enjoy the magnificent secluded beach, lounge in a hammock or by the pool, swim in the clear ocean waters, share in a spa treatment or partake in a local excursion.
The retreat was beyond I would say expectations but I really did not have any because I had no idea what Embodying the Elements meant. Boy do I know now. It was day upon day of life affirming practices orchestrated in a way that allowed one to go in as deep as needed to heal to shed layers, to find oneself. Mar de Jade because of the setting promoted authentic engagement with others, fostered meaningful conversations and connections. Shanti and Scott facilitated an amazing week that was so powerful, simply put one of the most amazing weeks of my life. – Peter, 2018 participant
Awaken your senses and fuel the wellspring of your wellbeing. Ignite the magic of the moment and calm the chatter of the mind in beautiful Chacala, Mexico with us.
- Daily morning/afternoon/evening sessions for all levels of practice along with ceremony and rituals to align with the elements of earth, water, fire, air, space and light.
- Inspiring yoga flow, conscious breathing (pranayama) practices and sacred sound journeying meditations
- Ecstatic chanting (kirtan) from interfaith traditions around the globe
- Embodied Journeying and Brain Training meditations for all levels of experience daily
- Soul activation toning
- Body Current ® principles and practices of embodied self-realization
- Dancing through the elements, including Dances of Universal Peace, 5-rhythm waves and free movement
- Fire Circle and ceremony on the beach
- Free SoMAntra® 160-minute Double-CD download of ecstatic chants and embodied meditations to ignite the innate wisdom and attune to the elements in preparation for your journey.
- Energizing wellness practices of embodied self-realization daily
- Inspiring community of 30 participants to cultivate a safe, personal and intimate container of transformation and illumination
- Daily live music, yoga, chanting, dancing and meditation for all with plenty of time to bask on the beach or enjoy a local excursion
This schedule is subject to change.
Arrival: Saturday, March 30, 2019 by 3pm to Puerto Vallarta airport
Enjoy checking into your room, spending some spacious time on the beach or taking a swim before dinner
6:30pm-7:30pm Gourmet Dinner
7:30pm Opening Circle with Scott and Shanti after dinner
Daily Schedule: Sunday-Friday (subject to change)
7:30-8:30am Early Morning Session (on select days)
Yoga, meditation, hike, vocal toning or walk on the beach
8:30-9:30am Gourmet Breakfast
10:00-1:00pm Mid-Morning session
Body Current somatic practices, brain training meditations, ecstatic chanting and rituals through the elements.
1:30-2:30 Gourmet Lunch
2:30-6:30pm Spacious Solo Time
Relax on the beach, swim in the ocean/pool or enjoy a Retreat Enhancement Option.
6:30-7:30pm Gourmet Dinner
8:00-9:00pm Evening Session (on select days)
Restorative Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Embodied Journeying, live music, fire circle on the beach, ecstatic chant (kirtan)
Closing Circle: Friday, April 5, 2019 after dinner
Departure: Saturday, April 6, 2019 after breakfast
These Retreat Enhancements are very popular with participants, so we highly recommend you partake in at least one of them to further enrich your retreat experience.
- Local excursions*: • Whale Watching • Sweat Lodge • Hike through tropical jungle mountainside to nearby secluded beach cove and boat trip back. • Visit to ancient Petroglyph site • Visit to local Arts & Crafts market • Surfing • Snorkeling • Fishing
*Excursions are operated by local co-ops and and their availability as well as rates are subject to change without prior notice. Please be prepared to pay the tour operators directly IN CASH. Most excursions range between $20- $40 per person
- Mar De Jade Massage and Spa Treatments: Spa and massage treatments at Mar de Jade
Available Services for Retreat Participants:
- Personalized meals for dietary restrictions (all meals have gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options)
- Free WiFi internet
- Child Care service
- Laundry Service
- Medical Support in emergencies
- Transportation Service
The perfect combination of retreat, vacation, self-work, deepening connections, and solo time. On a scale of 1-10, it’s an 11! – Aria, 2018 participant
Week-long Retreat Investment:
Includes all retreat sessions: Daily morning/afternoon/evening sessions for all levels of practice along with ceremony and rituals to align with the elements of Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Space and Light.
- SAVE with our Early Bird investment available until February 28, 2019: $425/pp
- Regular Investment after February 28, 2019: $625/pp
Lodging is not included in your retreat investment. Mar De Jade Retreat Lodging Room & Board Includes:
- 7-night ocean-front accommodations
- 3 gourmet meals per day and snacks freshly prepared daily for all dietary needs
- Lodging taxes (18% fee included in the prices listed)
- Gratuities (18% gratuities included for all housekeeping and meals, included in the prices listed)
- Beach front amenities
- Use of salt water swimming pool & 2 jacuzzis
- Dining Room & Guest Lounge
Lodging Options and Prices:
* All lodging prices below include 7-nights lodging and all meals. The rooms are all very spacious, clean and beautiful. All rooms have private bathrooms, natural bath amenities, hot water, in-room safe and ceiling fans. Ocean and Garden rooms also have air conditioning. All prices are USD and include all lodging taxes and gratuities. All prices listed are per person, based on the stated occupancy.
Two level Quads: Investment: $950/person
Ideal for the budget conscious traveler that would like to share with 3 or 4 other people (4-5 total). They have garden views and an upper level accessed by a spiral staircase.
Guest Rooms: Investment: $1,150 double/ $1,650 single
Simple yet comfortable rooms for one or two people, with garden or jungle views.
Garden Rooms: Investment: $1,350 double/ $1,900 single
View of our lush tropical gardens and a terrace or outside sitting area. They are all on ground floor, some have a few steps and some have ramp access. All have bathtubs, some also have a separate shower and a futon.
Ocean Rooms: Investment: $1,450 double/ $2,200 single
Unobstructed ocean view and a balcony or terrace. Almost all have bathtubs, some have a separate shower. Some have futons and a separate sleeping space (appropriate for children). Most are on third and fourth floors and require steps to climb.
Testimonials from the 2018 Retreat:
This retreat was the perfect combination of personal development and relaxation! The setting, the music, the teachings were all so rejuvenating and such a needed and necessary break from the day to day stress! – Macy
Embodying the Elements Retreat at Mar de Jade was a sublime experience and the perfect opportunity to drop into a deeper realm of existence within our bodies. Calling in the elements and relating them to the Chakra system through, divination, chanting, dancing, and meditation, we were able to work through some of the complex issues we face on a day to day basis, and find new clarity to enrich our lives. The people who participated in the retreat were warm and kind and supportive of each other along the journey. Strong bonds of trust and community developed quickly as new friendships were forged and old relationships strengthend. Mar de Jade was an ideal location right on a lovely beach, with a supportive staff and fabulous food. – David
Mar de Jade was the perfect location for Scott and Shanti to share their magical journey through the elements. This retreat was the perfect mix of rest, play, joy, and community. A spiritual journey to feed the soul! – Kat
This was a fabulous retreat in every way! One of the best ever. I highly recommend it – Jill
A huge amount of gratitude goes out to David Weihnacht for the amazing photos from our 2018 Embodying the Elements Mexico Retreat.
3 Steps to Register for Your Journey:
Here are the week retreat registration prices again. Please submit whichever investment option below corresponds with the date you are registering.
- Early Bird investment available until February 28, 2019: $425/pp
- Regular Investment after February 28, 2019: $525/pp
- Submit your Retreat Investment to secure your space.
- Pay by Paypal or any major credit card at this link: 2019 Mexico Retreat with Scott and Shanti
- Send check made out to SoMAntra to 765 Gilpin Dr. Boulder, CO 80303. Include your name and email address
- Complete Retreat Registration Form at this link: 2019 Mexico Retreat Registration Form
- Complete Mar De Jade Lodging Reservation and submit 50% Room & Board Payment by either calling or emailing and letting them know you are registering for Embodying the Elements Retreat with Shanti & Scott:
- Call 1-800-257-0532 or
- Email email@example.com
Learn More about Embodying the Elements
Experience our Embodying the Elements sensory practice in awareness by reading our recent blog at this link:
Learn More about Mar De Jade:
More about Scott & Shanti:
Scott and Shanti Medina, CYT CPT are a dynamic husband-and-wife duo from Boulder, CO on a mission to uplift humanity by empowering self-realization. Shanti is Founder of Energize training systems and Body Current® therapeutics. She is the StarHouse Sacred Arts Practitioner Certification Development Director and is one of the core faculty sharing her Body Current templates of body, brain and breath to regulate and reprogram the patterns and pathways of the nervous system.
Shanti teaches her Body Current curriculum as a bridge between modern day neuroscience and ancient wisdom. She has enjoyed being part of a variety of 500HR Yoga Teacher Trainings and as faculty at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health and the Neurosculpting Institute. Shanti has previously held the position of Development Director for the Neurosculpting Institute and Marketing Director for the Give Back Yoga Foundation.
Scott began chanting over 25 years ago at Omega Institute and has led chanting events in and around the Front Range and beyond for over 20 years. He is a Certified Leader of the Dances of Universal Peace sharing his gift of inspired leadership for over 18 years. Scott and Shanti’s sacred sound workshops, ecstatic community chants, and inspiring retreats offer a sweet and deep dive into embodied self-realization through the vibration where soma, or body, and mantra are One. They recently released their double-CD project SoMAntra™. The CD is a collection of original chants from wisdom-traditions around the globe along with embodied yoga therapy practices to self-regulate the nervous system and ignite the innate wisdom. Find out more at www.ScottandShanti.com